Sunday, March 30, 2008

SpRiNg BrEaK

I'll bet you didn't think it was possible to fly head first over the front or your skis, land face down in the snow, and keep your skis on... well it is! I found this out twice over Spring Break during my trip to Montana!

I went to Big Sky and Bridger Bowl mountains in Montana with my boyfriend Kevin, my roommate Annita, and our two other friends PJ and Exley for Spring Break. We had a GREAT time. I've been skiing a few times before on the east coast, but never on the west coast. If you've never been skiing out west, I would definitely reccommend it. It snowed every day that we were out there, so there was fresh powder on the slopes every morning.

We skiied for 4 days straight on two of the biggest mountains I've ever been on. The first day was a little rough for me since I'm not accustomed to skiing in so much heavy powder. I actually wiped out on our very first run on our first day. It was funny really funny. Kev yelled "WHAT DID YOU FORGET HOW TO SKI?" (It's okay, I'm not embarrassed when I fall. I've been skiing for a while and it happens.)

Ooo this is a good seg-way...

Kev is an AWESOME snowboarder, I'm kind of jealous. When he was in High School he raced competitively, and almost qualified for the x-games time-trials. So needless to say, he can ski literally anything. Any slope. Any condition. He's pretty cool (and quite attractive) to watch, and he gives me tips about skiing.

My skiing got a LOT better on this trip. By the last day I was skiing all black diamonds. I'm still not skilled or confident enough to ski double blacks, but I'll get there. I learned how to plant my poles when I turn; put skis back on if I've fallen on a steep hill (put the uphill ski on first); and ski in deep, fresh powder. I'm actually really proud of how much I learned and improved.

So enough about me :o) I'll see you in class tomorrow!

No comments: