Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ten years from now...

I think a lot about the future. I think I've finally come to a point where what I want to do NOW may actually be what I end up doing. But on the other hand, I could do something completely different. My mom's major in college was forestry and she became a middle school biology teacher. My dad studied forensics in Tennessee and became a regional manager for KIA motor corporation in New Jersey. My boyfriend Kevin's parents became exactly what they went to school for... so who knows.
Well anyway, while I still really dont know what I want to DO (as in a career) in ten years, I am sure of where I want to BE. I think that I would like to be living in either Maryland or Pennsylvania because I've lived around there before and I think it's a beautiful part of the country. My boyfriend Kevin is also from Maryland along with almost his entire family, so he would like to stay close to home. I've never lived near my extended family whom are in Tennessee and Georgia, so while it would be nice to be closer, I feel like a northern girl. This brings up another part of where I would like to be in ten years. I've been dating my boyfriend for a little over a year and it's definitely the most serious relationship that I've ever been in. He's my best friend as well as my boyfriend and I think that it would be a lot of fun starting out in the real world together. But we shall see :o)
Now it's not like I havent thought at all about what I want to do for a living in 10 years. I work very well with people, I have business experience, and my mom says that I have the "gift of gab" so I think that a job in public relations would be perfect for me. Of course I would like to start out making $60 a year but I'm completely okay with living modestly for the first five or ten years.
Now lets see, in 10 years I will be 31 so I hope to have children by then. I actually hope to have children by 28 or so. EVERYONE says that I'm like a mom and I think I'd make a great one. I want to have three children and at least one boy and one girl. Just thinking about it makes me excited.
I know that I'll be successful because I'm driven and I have many leader-like attributes. The future looks bright and I'm excited to see what it brings me. I'll keep you in mind when I make my first million!

No comments: