Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Advice to future students

I have a few pieces of advice to give to future students:

1. Keep a positive attitude - My class had a really good relationship with the teacher. Class was always more interesting when students would give input or engage in class discussions.

2. Do your friggin' homework - Whether its homework that's due for class or work that is due for your group project, just DO IT. The writing assignments were usually ONE PAGE at the most, which is such an easy A to get. If you can't write one page, you shouldn't be in business. If you are in a group, DO YOUR WORK for the group. I had someone in my group who didn't do anything that he was supposed to do, so we had to do it for him, and that really sucked. So do your work ;o)

3. Come to class. While we didn't take attendance every day, attendance is obviously important because we did a lot of in-class assignments. I really enjoyed going to class, I honestly don't think that I missed a single one. So there is no reason to miss class if it's a fun class to go to and you will lose points if you miss.

4. I feel like this post has been kind of negative and preachy. So don't be negative and preachy! This class is full of really important information if you plan on joining the business world after graduation. Come to class with an open mind (and a notebook and pencil) and the time will pass really quickly.


I hope you enjoy your semester in business writing with Mrs. Rogers. I enjoyed mine!

No comments: